Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hi, I hold a BNO visa and is now living in UK. I have transferred HKD400,000 to my mother;'s bank account in Hong Kong 1 year ago before I go to UK. And now my sister would like to send me back the money with HKD100,000 each time (in 4 difference periods) on behalf of my mother. She will send the money to my Hong Kong Bank Account and I will transfer the money to my UK bank account. There is no interest income generated. Will there be any tax implication? And is it subject to taxable income in UK? Thank you.