Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Form SA109

Hello, thank you for your reply. I understand that you cannot comment on a specific calculation, but to me the guidance isn't very clear on when and when not the box should be filled in. The current guidance states: "If you’ve put ‘X’ in box 2, put .,.. in box 14. If you’ve put ‘X’ in boxes 2 and 3 you only need to put ... year in box 14." The way this is written and the second line (if you've put 'X' in boxes 2 and 3) seem to imply that I should still put something if I've not put anything in box 2 but have put something in box 3, however this is never explicitly stated so I'm not sure what to do in this case. If we've written X in box 3 but put nothing in box 2, then we ignore box 14? box 14 is only ever to be filled in if, and only if, box 2 has an 'X' in it? Thank you,
  • Form SA109

Hello. I am filling in my 2023-24 self-assessment tax form, and I am due split-year treatment. To keep things simple, let's imagine that: - my UK part is 06/04/2023-31/12/2023, and my overseas part is 01/01/2024-05/04/2024 and am still overseas (so all of 2023 is the UK part, and all of 2024 is the overseas part). - I worked 0 days overseas during the UK part - I spent 0 days overseas during the UK part - I worked 0 days in the UK during the overseas part - I spent 0 days in the UK during the overseas part - I have checked Box 3 - I have not checked Box 2 What should I enter into box 14 please? Do I enter all the days I spent working overseas during the overseas part? Or do I enter 0 because I worked 0 days overseas during the UK part? Thank you.