Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• VAT for painting and decorating

Hi. Do I need to charge 20% Vat for painting and small repairs in student accommodations? I think there are different rules for such apartments, but I don't know if they only apply to new ones. I’m really confused because I'm reading conflicting information. Another example is a church converted into apartments. what is the VAT rate in this case (our company only painted). Thank you
  • Late VAT return

Hi My VAT return deadline was at the beginning of March. I received my VAT certificate on March 20 after contacting you to say I still hadn't received anything. Because my return was late, you started adding late return fees. Even though I filed my return a few days ago, the penalties continue to increase. In the meantime, you added the amount of " VAT central assessment " to my account. It's almost 3,000 pounds and we are unable to pay it because my VAT return I should have paid around 100 pounds and at the moment we don't even earn that amount. Can you advise me when my account will be updated and whether I have to pay late fees calculated after I file my return? One more question. When running an online store, only about 15% of sales take place in the UK. The rest all over the world. Importantly, the products we sell abroad do not cross the UK border at any time. I registered for VAT because I exceeded the threshold. however, as I said, my sales here are negligible. Is it possible to deregister my VAT or in this case it does not matter where the sale takes place but that I have exceeded the threshold. Thank you