Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Incorrect figure P11D

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • RE: Incorrect figure P11D

Just checking if my company are correct in saying the onus is on me with the P11d mistake as I should have checked what they submitted. They say I am liable to pay for their mistake which obviously amounts to extra tax for me and a repay of child benefit even though I never had the car. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Incorrect figure P11D

Just completing my self assessment for 21/22 and checking through all the figures I noticed my Company car usage to be as high as the previous year. Issue is, I returned the car on Sept 30th 21 as I changed to a job that is deemed as not needing a company car. The car was picked up by another employee and all arranged through the person who deals with our car fleet. I told HMRC online that I no longer had a car. On checking my P11D I’ve noticed my company has said I have had the car for 365 days and not the 178 days. How do I resolve this? I have informed our HR system but how do I sort with HMRC too?