Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Invalid VAT Number

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

I have called 5 times since July 22nd, been told 4 times it will take a week to sort, then been told there is no ETA. I dont think HMRC are considering this as a major problem and just taking the attitude it will get fixed when it gets fixed. Theres so many people with the same issue. Think you need to re-assess the priority of this issue and get it fixed ASAP.

No response from HRMC on how they are tackling this issue? Not surprising! I cannot believe that someone doesnt know what the issue is and how to fix it. Ridiculous!
  • Invalid VAT Number

How long does it take to rectify an issue within HRMC. My VAT number was issued 15th July. Ever since then its showing as Invalid on the Gov checker. I have phoned 3 times to get it sorted and each time been told "We are getting a lot of these issues and we dont know when it will be fixed". Seriously?? 3 people have said it should be resolved within a week and even now, its still showing as invalid. What is it thats so hard to get it sorted? I cant charge my clients VAT as my accountancy software relies on that checker so its throwing my VAT number out. Anyone got any suggestions?? Does this forum have relevant people from within HRMC that can sort this out quicker?? Thanks