Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Capital Loss to Carry Forward

Thank you for the information. I now understand that I need to answer Yes to making a claim or election. However, I am still unsure what code to select to carry over capital losses. The choices provided are below - Is ROR the appropriate code? GHO - Gift Hold-Over Relief NVC - Negligible Value Claims EDT - Roll-Over Relief MUL - Multiple Claims OTH - Other
  • Capital Loss to Carry Forward

For tax year 2023-2034 I made a capital loss on listed equities which I like to declare and carry forward. No gains were made at all on disposal assets. I require some help filling in the Capital Gains section using the on online submission form. After using the computational worksheet to enter the disposals and to calculate the total, I am presented with the question "Are you making any claims or elections?". I am unsure what this means. Please advice: 1. What the question is asking/means? 2. Do I need to answer Yes or No. 3. If I need to answer Yes, please advice what code I need to select (Note that although the questions is specified as Optional, I cannot proceed if Yes has been selected for point 2).