Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Simplified Expenses

    Thank you very much for that. I have another question please. I have an electric car for my business as a sole trader (driving instructor). I am on a smart tariff for my electricity and I am considering purchasing solar panels and a home battery storage system. The plan is that I can charge the batteries with the solar panels and when there isn't enough solar I can then charge the batteries on an "off peak" rate £0.75p (7.5p) per kWh which is 4x cheaper than the "peak" rate £0.3023 (30.23p). I already charge my car in the "off peak" rate but the car's battery isn't big enough to last the whole day so I often charge the car in the day time during the "peak" rate. The plan then is to charge my car (for business use) from the battery & solar system during the day peak rate of my fixed smart tariff. By doing this I would save on average £76 per month on my business use. Would (one or both) of the purchase of the solar and the battery system be a valid business expense minus the personal use portion please? Thank you
  • Simplified Expenses

    Hello, I am self employed driving instructor as a sole trader and I have purchased a car to use for teaching. Am I allowed to use simplified expenses as apposed to using capital allowances please? Thanks in advance