Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Overseas cash gift from parent

    Hi, I am currently a UK resident, and my parents from overseas (EU citizens & residents) would like to gift me a substantial amount of money (~£100 000) from their savings. Do I need to pay taxes on it, report it, or do my parents need to write a gift letter/prove the source of the money? Thanks in advance! Cheers!