I am unclear if I need to complete a self assessent tax return, I have foreign income I want to claim the remittance basis of tax on for the 22/23 tax year. I am non-domiciled and have lived in the UK for less than 7 of the previous 9 tax years.Reading the RDR1 guidance it mentions a exption when 'the following circumstances apply.
- are a non-domiciled UK resident for that tax year
- have no UK income or gains in the tax year (other than taxed UK income of less than £100)
- make no remittances of foreign income and gains during the tax year
- have been a non-domiciled UK resident for fewer than 7 of the previous 9 tax years,or are aged under 18 throughout the whole of the tax year
- are not required to complete a Self Assessment tax return for any other reason
To not be required to submit a self do you need to meet one or all of these criteria?