Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Need to register for self-assessment?

    Hello, I am a UK resident but have some overseas income from dividends (shares held with a German bank). Information on is not entirely clear to me, please can you clarify: "You do not need to fill in a tax return if all the following apply: - your only foreign income is dividends [this is correct] - your total dividends - including UK dividends - are less than the £2,000 dividend allowance [this is correct; no UK dividends] - you have no other income to report [my other UK income is taxed via PAYE so I have never submitted a tax return]" What other income is meant in the last bullet point? As stated, my income is taxed via PAYE so I do not normally have to report it. Would I still need to register for self-assessment? Thanks, B
  • Professional subscription - joined mid-year and paid monthly

    Hi, I have joined an approved professional body in December 2022. The fee (£144) is invoiced annually upon new membership year starting based on first date of joining, but is paid monthly by direct debit on the basis of 1/12 of full invoice. What amount can I claim for 2022-23 and can I already claim for 2023-24? Annual fee has been reduced to £99 from December 2023 onwards. Thanks, B