Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Simple assessment

I received a simple assessment on my HMRC app stating that I owe £631 tax for the financial year 2023-2024. I check on my HMRC app and see that the tax code is different from the tax code shown on my payslips (tax code on payslip is 1257L but on HMRC PAYEE account it’s 98L. I also see on the PAYEE account that there are duplicate payments for all the months I worked for that employer. (For instance, my PAYEE account shows salary processed for the month of September two times, infact the monthly salary is processed only once to my bank account). I don’t live in uk anymore as I was a temporary resident in the UK under a work permit. I don’t owe anything as all the monthly salary I received from the employer is send to my bank account after Income tax and National insurance deductions. I haven’t got all payslips except few I saved on my device as I didn’t expect this to happen. But have the bank statements of all months as a proof of salary received from that employer. I got in touch with the employer via email, but I haven’t received any response yet. Can someone advise please.