Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: CWF1 form for freelancer

    Thanks for the reply. So should I fill in the CWF1 or contact the National insurance team, now that i'm starting self employment. Kind regards
  • CWF1 form for freelancer

    Hello, I left employment earlier this year but the company I worked for is now hiring me on an as and when needed basis as a freelance engineer. I am already registered for self assessment for a single property that I currently let. I believe I need to complete CWF1, but won’t that give me another UTR number? Which I don’t want to happen. Could you clarify what will happen once the form is completed and that I will not be given another UTR number. I expect my earnings to be fairly low but higher than the £1000 threshold. Many thanks.