Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Home Office in UK and employer in Switzerland

    I live and work in the UK. I work from my home office in the UK as an employee for an employer in Switzerland. The employer does not have a branch in the UK. - Do I have to list this income in the Self Assessment under Income or under Foreign Income? - How do I pay National Insurance for this income? Do I pay this together with the taxes when I submit the Self Assessment after the tax year is over? - Do I pay the NI employee contribution and the employer contribution? Or does my Swiss employer have to pay the employer contribution?