Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • SA required?

    Hello, These forums are a great way to get information - nice work. My father has a decent pension (NHS) and quite a bit of savings (although half of this is within an ISA). He is worried that with interest rates higher last year he may need to do his first ever SA return. I notice, however, that his tax code is K235 (The number may not be accurate, but it's a K). On this basis can he assume that he is paying the tax due on his savings via his tax code? Is there are threshold that will mean a K code can't be used? ie this would require a return? Really appreciate the help and advice with this. Thanks. Simon