Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Is this Spam ?

Dear all, I received this email from no.reply@advice.hmrc.gov.uk. Is it spam or genuine ? Many thanks! Dear customer, Thank you for being a member of the HMRC Community Forum. We need to check that you wish to continue to be a registered user. This includes both the Customer Forum and the Agent Forum. We are doing this to comply with UK GDPR guidelines. If you wish to continue to be a member of the forum, please confirm by 19‌‌‌ ‌‌February 2024 by clicking the 'Opt-in' button below. You will be redirected to a page that will confirm that your registration will continue. If you do not wish to retain your membership you do not need to do anything and we will remove your user details from the forum. Please note that by confirming your wish to remain a member of the forum, you are agreeing to its Terms & Conditions. Opt-in Yours faithfully HM Revenue and Customs  
  • RE: NT code and non resident

Many thanks HMRC Admin 5.
  • NT code and non resident

Hi all, I'm a resident in the EU. I recently got a NT code for my private pension in UK. Now, when I complete the tax return to HMRC, do I include this NT income? Many thanks!
  • Non resident

Hi all, I live in the EU since 2020. I recently got an NT tax code for my private UK pension. I'm paying tax on this income in my residency EU country . When I complete my next HMRC self assessment, do I include my UK pension income in it ? If I do then the software does not know I have NT code, so will ask for tax! Thanks.
  • RE: Non Resident

Thank you Wingsham. I am not sure if the software I am using gives the two options. I'll include all income and hopefully I'll be taxed the lower option. Many thanks!

Thanks, but that number you gave is not working. The voice message does not give an alternative number. Thanks.

Thanks but I do not seem to understand. Surely there must many people in a similar situation. Thanks!
  • Non Resident

I am resident in EU but have UK income from : private pension, savings interest, dividends, and rental income. On HMRC tax return, thus far, I have been declaring all these 4 types of income. However, I read on facebook that I only need to declare rental income and UK pension as I do not yet have a NT tax code. I am confused and would be grateful to know if I need to continue declaring all these 4 types of income or just the rental and pension. Many thanks for any clarifications.