Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Claiming remittence basis - SA100 and SA109 to fill?

    Hi MHRC staff, I recently got my UTR by post and want to claim a remittance basis for the year 2022-2023. I am wondering if I need to fill in both a self-assessment tax return (SA100 - online) and an SA109 form (paper-based) or if I can simply fill in the SA109 and send it without filling in a self-assessment tax return? For info, I am now unemployed (no revenue in the UK), and when logging in to HMRC services using my UTR, it says I have paid the right amount of tax. Many thanks Margaux