Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• The £50,000 threshold for filling the Capital Gains page

Hello. I have a general question about Stocks & Shares ISA and the tax return Capital Gains page. I know that we need to complete the Capital Gains page if we sold or disposed of chargeable assets which were worth more than £50,000. May I know if selling ETFs, stocks and shares in an ISA account counts towards the £50,000 threshold? If I sold assets worth £80,000 in an ISA account and £40,000 in a non-ISA account, does it mean I still don't need to complete the Capital Gains page? Thank you.
  • RE: Stocks & Shares ISA

Hello, How about the 1% cashback deposited into a normal investment account (non-ISA)? Is it regarded as other UK income (annual payment)? Thank you.
  • Stocks & Shares ISA

Hello, I have some general questions when opening a Stocks & Shares ISA account. 1. After opening a Stocks & Shares ISA account, within the current tax year, we can get 1% cashback as an incentive whenever we make deposits in the ISA account. However, the cashback is deposited into a normal investment account (non-ISA). May I know if it is regarded as other UK income (annual payment)? 2. When keeping the deposits in the Stocks & Shares ISA account and a normal investment account, the investment platform gives daily interest to us. I know that we don't need to declare the interest arises in the Stocks & Shares ISA account. However, which box should I declare the interest paid by the investment platform to a normal investment account? Thank you for your clarification.