Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign income

    Dear admin, Thank you so much for your kind reply. I have one more question. If me and my husband has an oversea joint bank account and my husband is non-UK resident. He sometimes will transfer money to this oversea account to support me and my children living in UK. Would it be considered as a foreign income? Do I have to report this in my self- assessment? If it generates interests, do I have to report the interest? Thanks so much!
  • Foreign income

    Dear Admin, Before I moved to UK and became UK resident, I have taken and completed a continuing education fund (CEF) course in Hong Kong which is subsidised by Hong Kong government. I successfully reimbursed the course fee after I moved into UK. As I have applied split year treatment, I wonder if I have or don’t have to include the reimbursed course fee as a income? Please advise. In addition, I have rent out a joint oversea property which is under a mortgage. Am I correct to report the mortgage interest in foreign income supplementary page ‘Residential finance costs’ for deduction? Thank you.