Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 5 agents and they still get wrong at my expense

Spoken to 5 different agents - also put it in writing on my HMRC acc so I have told them appx 7 times now what is my main job and what is my casual agency job but they just cant get right now I am seriously suffering financially this month with my pay.................phoning achieves nothing absolutely nothing. I feel I should go public with my unbelievable diabolical experience. Even this forum sent me away. I even requested a call back 4 times to speak to a Manager but zero response. The stress this has caused me trying to iron out somebody elses job when I have 2 of my own. HMRC have a lot to answer for.
  • 50 % Tax deduction of pay - on minimum wage

I am on minimum wage and I have no idea where from my pay that I owe HMRC tax. I have 2 jobs. The 2nd job is BR for which every week I paid 20% tax and NI if I went over the limit. In my main job I also paid tax every week and NI. I was shocked when on earning £212 they took £106 tax which is 50 %. I would like to request a clear breakdown with a full detailed explanation as to how this has occurred. I need to understand what has happened. It also says on my Gateway log in that my tax for 2023-2024 hasn't even been calculated. Is there a tax office I can go to to speak to somebody in person.