Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Stocks and Shares ISA funds to Lifetime Stocks and Shares ISA.

I have opened a Lifetime Stocks and Shares ISA in year 23/24 paying in £3150. I hold an existing Stocks and Shares ISA with another provider and have paid in £16,850 in 23/24. I would like to transfer an additional £850 into the LISA from the Stocks and Shares ISA. I hold comfortably more than £850 in funds in the Stocks and Shares ISA, from contributions in other years and dividends. I also hold positions in stocks and shares within the Stocks and Shares ISA. I have no working orders open in the Stocks and Shares ISA and will not change any of my positions before the 5th of April 2024. My questions are: 1. If I transfer £850 to the LISA through the transfer mechanism from the Stocks and Shares ISA, will any or all my open positions be automatically sold by my Stocks and Shares ISA provider? 2. If I were to submit the transfer request today (28th April 2024), but the funds from the Lifetime Stocks and Shares ISA were paid into the LISA after 5th of April 2024, would the £850 transfer count towards my 23/24 LISA allowance or my 24/25 allowance? Many thanks in advance for any answers.