Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: P45 for Casual Worker

Thank you for your reply. I am not starting a new job as I have 2 others that are 0 hours. So, do I need a P45 in this case? Thanks
  • RE: P45 for Casual Worker

Thank you, I've contacted them again. What happens if they don't provide me with a P45? Can HMRC chase this? Also, shall I update this on my app? Thanks
  • P45 for Casual Worker

I worked as a casual worker (secondary examinations board) for a year and paid tax on my earnings. This can be seen in my HMRC app. I have subsequently left in January 2024 and have asked my employer to give me my P45. As we enter the new financial year, I won't be doing work for this employer, so it needs removing. When I called today, they said they don't provide P45s to casual workers (zero hours). Is this correct? Can I log into my HMRC app and update my employer to show as not working there? I know I spoke to a HMRC representative last month, and they mentioned you can send a letter to them to check this. I have emails to prove I've asked for a P45. Any advice and guidance would be appreciated to settle my anxiety around this. Thanks