Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Aberrant tax coding

    Can anyone assist? thank you
  • Aberrant tax coding

    My wife and I submit annual Self Assessment statements which up to and including tax year 2022/23 attracted no income tax as we were below any tax threshold when apportioning the income we had recieved from a Furnished Holiday Let plus a state pension for one of the parties. Our tax codes were always the standard Personal Allowance code adjusted for the 10% Marriage Allowance to maximise the tax benefit. We have now been given tax codes that are totally abberant to previously, my wifes is based on dividend income from 2008?? when we owned a small LTD company but has been dormant since 2015 (and is now closed) plus here state pension (tax code K159) and mine is based on projected income from the Furnished Holiday Let for 2023/24 which in the past was always declared when submitting our Self Assessment and any tax due was paid then.I now recieve (from September 2023) the State Pension plus a small personal pension of £8000 p.a. so in the case of 2023/24 it will minimally exceed my standard personal allowance and yet I have been given a tax code of 458LX Can anyone suggest how I can make direct contact with the tax office to discuss or is there a way of amending to the correct tax codes manually? Thank you
  • RE: Tax on German pension

    Thank you very much Gary
  • Tax on German pension

    I am receiving a very small pension from the German tax authorities for the 18 months I lived/worked there in the mid '70's (44 Euros a month), does anyone know if this is taxed at source or whether whilst declaring it on my self assessment that I will be taxed by UK tax authorities and on what basis would they calculate bearing in mind fluctuating exchange rates?