Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: inheritance tax on cash from parents based overseas

    Hi there, Hope you can assist. I'm a UK citizen, my father (Italian citizen) passed away two years ago. I inherited a property and some money he left me, which was all taxed locally at the time and sits in a local bank account in my name. He also left some investments, which have all been transferred to me. 1) do I need to declare these investments even though I haven't yet made any gains from them? 2) I would like to start renting out the property next year, how do I declare this? Many thanks!