Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Business mileage

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Business mileage

Hi Team, Hope you can help. I travelled with a collegue to a business trip and stayed in a hotel overnight for the next day buiness meeting which started at 8;00 in the morning, my company paid the accomodation. My question is can I claim business mileage for the following suitaion? 1. I travelled to my colleage home to pick him up to the business event (from my home to my collegaue home is 20 miles). - Can I claim this extra 20 mileage for pick him? 2 We travelled from our normal workplace direct to the hotel and stayed overnight for the next day meeting at 8:00am, Can I claim the mileage for travel to the hotel (124 miles from my workplace )? 3 Can I also claim the mileage from hotel to the business meeting venue which is 1.31 miles. many thanks Carmen
  • Business mileage

Hi, Can I claim mileage allowance if My husband give me a life to train station for business trip. The car is a family vehicle, I share the car with my husband, in some occasion I need to catch early train for business (6:45 in the morning) and he gives me a lift to and from the station, Can I claim mileage allowance if I am not the driver? Many thanks