Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: New immigrants, tax return and split year treatment help

Hi, for filling the forms, I have some questions: Throughout the tax year, I only have two minor sources of income: (1) local bank interest £198 and (2) overseas bank interest £212. Q1. Should I fill in box 2 and box 3 on Page TR3 of SA100? Q2. Should I mark "No" in box 5 on Page TR2 of SA100? Q3. Do I still need to fill out SA106? If I can claim split-year treatment, Q4. Should I mark "Yes" in both box 8 and box 9 under "If you need more pages" on Page TR2 of SA100? Q5. As I stayed in hotels after entering the country on 8th September 2022 until moving into my rented flat on 16th November 2022, should I fill in the entry date or the move-in date in box 6 on Page TR1 of SA109? Since my only income is from the mentioned bank interests and I have no other income or allowances to declare, and no profits or gains throughout the tax year. Q6. Do I still need to declare and file a tax return if not applying for split-year treatment? Thank you so much.
  • RE: New immigrants, tax return and split year treatment help

Hi, We don't have a UTR number, my husband and I submitted SA1 online on 7th January 2022 for get UTR number for claim split year treatment and declare oversea interest for 2022-2023. However, we have not received it yet. Should we need to refill the SA1 form online? Please advise. Thank you so much!