Thanks for your help Gary. Can you please advise:
1) Which box do I need to tick at the bottom of the page: "This direct debit mandate is valid for all payments under the above tax number" or one of the other boxes below?
2) If I send the direct debit form this week, do you think they would process it in time for the due date of 18/20/23 or would you advise paying the first tax bill through the bank and setting up the direct debit at a later date?
3) Is there any cost involved in paying by SEPA direct debit?
Thanks very much for your help. You ought to be working for the German Tax Department as an advisor!
1) If you want to pay your German tax bill by direct debit, do you initiate it at your bank using Iban and bic numbers or must you complete a direct debit form from the German tax office? The only form I can find on the German Tax Dept website appears to be for online payment by credit card?
2) If you set up a direct debit for payment of tax due to the German Tax Dept, will tax then be automatically taken each year, without you having to contact them? Thanks for your assistance.
HMRC Admin 25. If you're paying tax to Germany on a German State Pension, do you have to inform HMRC of this in writing? I was advised previously by HMRC in a phone call that they don't need to be told anything about it. I wanted to clarify whether a note needs to be made on your HMRC file to this effect? Thanks.
Gary, Do you have to submit the Amtsveranlagung every tax year or does it continue when you have submitted it the first year? Thanks.
Gary, the Amtsveranlagung form asks for a tax no which I don't have. Do you know if it's ok to
leave this blank if the rest of the form is completed? Thanks again.
Thanks for your advice, Do you have to send the Amtsveranlagung form in the post to RiA or can it be sent electronically? Many thanks.
I started to receive a very small German pension in 2022. I know that the DRV inform the RiA of the amount paid for the year. Do the RiA automatically send you a bill for any tax due and if so, when are tax demands sent out? If not, will they wait for you to send in the limited tax liability form first before contacting you? I emailed the RiA with this query in March 2023 but have not received a reply and am confused as to what action to take. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.