Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• using EU inheritance proceeds ( post EU tax payment) to pay UK advance fee school scheme

Hi Can I check if I would be subject to any UK taxes if i bring over the inheritance I received from my spanish Dad who passed to pay for my Children's advance school fee scheme in the UK please ? Is there a limit to how much I can transfer over ? etc Many thanks
  • inheritance cash amount received from relative in Spain

Hi I am a EU national with settled status in the UK (married with UK national, been working and living here permanently since 1993 with 4 children). My Spanish dad passed away and left me some money. I paid inheritance tax over there. I would like to use some of that money to pay for my children education fees directly. Would I have to pay taxes again to bring the said money back? thank you
  • RE: Training courses expenses

Hi Sorry I am not clear apologies this is not about trust management expenses but about non-executive deductible expenses and also how far back can I apply those expenses if they can be applied, please? Apologies I think the confusion comes from the word director trustee for a charity but it is more a non exec role than an trust management role . thank you thanks
  • Training courses expenses

I became a Director trustee for a local charity in mid-May 2019 ( unpaid ) and later on assumed further Non-exec roles during the same year( paid under a contract for services) .. Around late May 2019 I enrolled (and paid advance fees) into a Director's course to improve my governance and risk skill set to better practice my job for the cohort starting in September 2019 with exams in May 2020. As I already was a director at that point could I deduct the course expenses please? I was not aware that I could this as a deduction so could I still deduce the training course in this tax year? Many thanks for your help