Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: CGT on family home

One other question which may seem silly but need to clarify, when adding solicitor fee deductions to a cgt property calculation do I use the cost without VAT or with VAT?
  • RE: CGT on family home

Thank you for confirming, I have one other question please, as I purchased the property a number of years ago 1986, I'm having trouble finding the exact cost of solicitors fees I paid at the time I purchased the house, what would you suggest if I don't manage to find the exact cost? Would I need to put £0?
  • CGT on family home

The house I own was used as a family home and was my main residence between June 1986 - January 2023, I then moved out of the property in Jan 2023, my daughter has occupied the property since Jan 2023 on her own. the house was sold with completion this month, I would be eligible for private residence relief up until Jan 2023, as my daughter has occupied the property since Jan 2023 would this also be eligible for private residence relief as family member has lived in the house? Also when submitting your CGT for private residence relief how much evidence documents do you need to provide to HMRC? Thank you