Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self Assessment refund duplicated

    Hi, I've found errors in the calculation of my self-assessment tax return made by HMRC of duplicate my PAY-E tax and self assessment, and I already sent a letter to HMRC regarding repayment methods a month ago, but I haven't received a response. Does anyone know how to repay the excess money to HMRC?
  • Refund received after my contract is finished

    Dear Sir / Madam I resigned from the company in mid-January as my one-year part-time contract with the company concluded. In early February, I unexpectedly received a payment from HMRC. However, I have not received any notification (e.g. P800 notice) from HMRC. Where can I find details about the refund? Thanks a lot.
  • Money received from my friend aboard as a gift

    Hi HRMC, I am a BNO holder who lives in UK for over 2 years and also got a job in UK. My friend from Hong Kong want to transfer £100 for me as a gift, Do I need to pay tax on this in UK? And How do I know if only £100 can be generate interest or not? How do I prove that this is a gift when I apply for ILR and apply to become a BC? Thanks a lot.