Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Hong Kong Employer

    Hi, My wife have moved to the UK from Hong Kong (HK) and since the move, I had been HK to work for her HK employer for four months. Her HK employer has no business nor established any office in the EU/UK and also not planned to have any in the future. My question is, in such situation, Her wage from my HK employer need to be taxed in the UK? How to report it in the Self assessment if yes? And also, since she got paid to her HK bank account (HK employee contract), but as a tax resident, she will also need to handle the PAYE using the DCNI scheme on her own, which is something that my employer does not need to involve. Please help to clarify. Thanks