Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: P85 Sole Trader in EU

Hi thanks for the answer. What about Have you started, or do you plan to start, a job outside the UK? As I mentioned above, my employment in the UK ended in December 2023. In January 2024 I registered as a sole trader in the EU. Should I answer Yes or No? Thanks
  • P85 Sole Trader in EU

Hello, I recently moved from UK to EU, I was a full-time employee in the UK and lived in the UK until mid-August 2023 (130 days in the 2023-2024 tax year) After relocation, I continued working remotely as a full-time employee for the same UK-based employer until December 2023. My UK employment ended in December 2023. I started a consultancy business as a sole trader in the EU in January 2024, my main customer is based in the UK and I provide services remotely. I want to fill in P85 but I'm stuck on Your employment outside the UK details - no option for sole trader, what should I say here? Your employer: Who is your employment income paid by? An international employer A UK employer through a UK payroll An office or agent in the UK Non of the above seems applicable. Can you please advise? Thanks Czujto