Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Voluntary Class 2 National Insurance Contributions - Payment not allocated

I am updating you all on my post above. I eventually got through by telephone (about a 45-minute wait). I was able to speak to someone who confirmed that the payment made over a year ago had been allocated, and I was also able to verify that I was set up for annual payments as we advance. They also confirmed which years the payment had been allocated to. It is a shame that this information was not sent in a letter shortly after the payment was sent. All the phone calls and online contact could have been avoided with an explicit letter confirming receipt, to which years the payment had been allocated, and the pension advice and confirmation that payments from April 25 going forward would keep me on track to qualify for a full state pension. Some letters I have received have been too template-based and unclear. One specific, well-written letter would have saved hours on both the HMRC side and my side.
  • Voluntary Class 2 National Insurance Contributions - Payment not allocated

Hello After a considerable investment of my time, I was finally advised on the amount of Class 2 Voluntary National Insurance Contributions to pay to backfill gaps due to having moved abroad. I was provided with an 18 digit reference number and I made the payment in full on the 17th August 2023. It is over one year later, and there is still no receipt, no acknowledgement of receipt of payment and it does not appear that the money for these payments has been allocated to my National Insurance Record. Over a year! I have contacted the helpdesk using the number for overseas callers, and made contact through the online contact chat. So far I have to as yet managed to get contacted by telephone, and all the online agent could tell me is that it will be referred to an International Case Worker and they will write to me by post. I don't feel confident this will get resolved.