Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: State Pension Contributions Living Abroad

HI, I am in a similar situation to Thomas Murphy above. I have sent my completed form CF83 by registered post to the same address. However the form only asks in section 7 - Shortfall of National Insurance contributions if you want to know of any shortfall of National Insurance contributions that you can pay. No where on the form does it have a section to state the shortfall years you want to pay. I have included a cover sheet requesting to prioritize the payment of shortfall of National Insurance contributions for the tax years 2006 to 2016 before the deadline of 5th April 2023 and the details on how to do this. You state above in the reply to Thomas Murphy that "the application will be honoured from the date received and the delay in responding will be ignored and you will be allowed to pay at the rate on place at the time of your post was received and will also receive a extension to the time limits to pay.." Can you confirm that this will cover the tax years 2006-2017 to 2016-2017 and that once my letter is processed which may be after the deadline of 5th April 2023 that I will still be contacted and allowed to pay for the years 2006-2017 to 2016-2017 ? If not then how can I pay these before the deadline ? I cannot get through on the phone and it is very expensive ringing from abroad Regards Michael