Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Adjusted Net Income Calculation for Childcare

Hi, I have been offered a job with a total gross package worth £120,000 + basic pension PAYE. I have the choice to split this in the contract as any of the following scenarios & would like to know which one keeps my adjusted net income under £100,000, Assuming no other benefit in kind or income etc to affect the calculation, what would the adjusted net income of the below scenarios be? 1. £120,000 Gross Salary, Nest workplace pension with 3% employer contribution (based on pensionable earnings) 5% personal contribution & a private pension where I contribute £20,000 annually of my net salary (after tax and N.I) 2. £100,000 Gross Salary, Nest workplace pension with 20% employer contribution (gross, so £20,000) 5% personal contribution. 3. £100,000 Gross Salary, Nest workplace pension with 3% employer contribution (based on pensionable earnings) 20% pretax personal contribution (£20,000). It really is not clear as to how paying into a pension can lower your adjusted net income, whether it is via increased employer, employee or personal pension contributions