Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Landlord mortgage arrangement fees

Hi. This question is about mortgage arrangement fees not early repayment charges?
  • Landlord mortgage arrangement fees

Due to poor accountant advice since 2015/6 I have not included any of my mortgage arrangement fees on my SA returns. I always add these to the mortgage and it's my recent understanding that these can put down on the SA return when the mortgage is taken out. Is this correct? If so, can I confirm this is added to section 44 Residential property finance costs? Just so I know for the future. I was initially told this was dealt with in capital gains. As the arrangement fee will be paid off at the end of the mortgage can you put it down as an expense when the mortgage is paid off if it hasn't been accounted for in the SA when the mortgage was taken out? Thanks, 

Name removed admin .
  • Landlord mortgage early repayment charge

Hi, I'm a full time sole trader property landlord. All my income is from rent. I have a question regarding mortgage early repayment charges. Can this expense be claimed in the residential property finance (section 44 in the SA if I remember correctly)? Thanks, 

Name removed admin .