Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: U1 Form

    I now live in Belgium. The authorities here want me to prove 25 years continuous employment and recommend a form U1 for this. For me, about half of this is in the UK. Thanks to this forum, I have successfully obtained a form U1 from HMRC but it only covers 3 years and I need 12-13 years. There is a note at the end of the form U1 which says; "The period(s) recorded in box 2 of this document are provided in accordance with the reference periods shown in this Note for the member state concerned. The reference periods are: .... Three years - if it is to be presented to a Belgian, ... institution. ... In some cases the Belgian institution requests information on the complete insurance periods." Three years is not sufficient for my case, I have been asked for the last 25 years. How can I apply for a form U1 with information on the complete insurance period as in the last sentence I quote above?