Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Capital Transfer & Interest

    Hello, I am in Hong Kong and planning to move to the UK using BNO visa very soon. Below are my questions about tax. 1.      I have a joint bank account with my family members in Hong Kong. If I transfer the capital from this joint account after a long period of time (say ten years later) I have arrived in the UK, do I need to declare self-assessment during that tax reporting period? 2.      I am planning to keep some money in my bank account in Hong Kong after I move to the UK. However, this account receives very small amount of interest, say less than HKD$10 (i.e. £1) every year. Under this circumstance, should I still need to declare self-assessment during tax reporting period? Thanks in advance!