Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Filling return of Old Age Living Allowance from Hong Kong Government

    Hi, team, can you please help on the questions of filling the Old Age Living Allowance (OALA) from the Hong Kong Government? OALA is the Social Security Allowance scheme to provide monthly allowance to Hong Kong elderly people aged 65 or above who are in need of financial support. My questions 1) which category in Form SA 106, should I filling the OALA? 'Overseas pensions, social security benefits and royalties" under "Foreign" page? 2) Would this income be taxed in the UK? it seems that under Article 17 of Double Taxation Treaty, this is not taxed in the UK. is this correct? Thanks