Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Investment Bond Chargeable Event - Deceased persons tax return

Hello. I am completing a tax return for my late mother. I am her representative and have been send a paper tax return for 2022-23. I need to report an Investment Bond Chargeable Event. I assume the details go on form SA101 Additional Information. I am unsure where to enter there figures from the certificate. The Chargeable Event Certificate has figures against these labels: "Amount of current Gain" (entire on the additional information page of your tax return in 'Amount of gains') "Number of years for top-slicing relief" (also enter this on tax return in 'Number of years') "Amount treated as paid" (this is the last figure for the tax return in 'Tax treated as paid') But I cannot locate boxes on SA101 that matches the instructions on where to enter the figures. The type of chargeable event = Death Claim Is any tax treated as paid? = Yes Grateful for help on the boxes to enter the figures. The "Current Gain" plus my mother's pension income for the tax year added together exceed Basic Rate income tax for the tax year 2022-23 - I assume top-slicing relief comes into play, the bond was held for 24 years.