Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Registration form for Self Assessment is incomplete

Hi HMRC admin, Could you please help to answer my questions? I am quiet worrying about the my registration of Self Assessment. So, if you know the answers on my Q1 & 2, please give me some hint on how to resolve it first. Many thanks.
  • Registration form for Self Assessment is incomplete

Hi, I filled in and submitted the registration form for Self Assessment last night. Today, I received an email from HMRC telling me that the registration form is incomplete and they are unable to process my registration. Then, I signed in my personal tax account of HMRC online services. However, I cannot find my submitted form under "Check Progress" menu. My questions are: 1. How can I update my registration form and then re-submit again? or I need to fill in a new online form again? 2. When I update/fill in my registration form, how can I know that any information is missing from the form? cos no error/warning message was prompted when I submitted the form last night. Some other questions about Self Assessment: 1. Which category of share dividend (from Hong Kong) is classified and to be selected on the registration form? "untax income which cannot be coded in PAYE"? 2. I received alimony from my ex-husband in Hong Kong. Is alimony taxable in UK? Do I need to state alimony in my return note? Thank you.