Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Selling on ebay

Hi. I forgot to mention in my post that I've been selling my "JUNK" on eBay for the past 2 years since we downsized......nothing has been bought to resell its just stuff taking much needed room. Thanks.
  • RE: Selling on ebay

Hi. We downsized to a park home and I have been forced by my wife to sell stuff I've collected over the years as room is limited. I have sold things on eBay like my books, medals, toys, my two watches, photos and some household items. everything I am selling is my is my "JUNK" some items I've made a profit others a loss. I took early retirement and only get my private works pension which is under £10k p.a. and nothing else. From 1 Jan 2024 I've sold well over 30 items and made less than £6k up to now selling my own personal items and household stuff we have no room for. I am a private seller on eBay and wondered if I have to register with HMRC as a trader and if so how do I go about doing it or do I wait until HMRC contacts me at the end of the year. I know I am over the limit of 30 items a year and the £6k but I'm "NOT" buying stuff to sell on I'm just trying to get money back on the stuff I've collected over the past years. Hope someone can put my mind at reast. Thanks