Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Taking on a new partner into our non incorporated partnership

From the 1st April we are bringing in an additional Partner into our existing partnership ( making three partners in total). We will be signing a new partnership agreement, but as we are Vat registered I understand we must inform HMRC that a new partner has joined, using form Vat 2 within a month, and of course registering the new partner for self assessment and NIC. My question is on the Vat 2, do we get just the new partner to fill in their details and sign and date before returning it, or do existing partners also go on the form, which HMRC are already aware of. I can find no guidance on this. Thanks for any help.
  • CHANGING ACCOUNTING PERIOD

We are intending to change our accounting period from the existing 1st February to end January to the 1st April to 31st March, in readiness for the coming Tax year making tax digital for Tax, Is there any reason we cannot leave our VAT quarter dates as they are i.e. Feb to April, May to July, August to October, and November to January or do we have to change them as well?