Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Joint Tenants In Common Trading Account

Hi - Thanks for your reply. The property in question is a Share Dealing account where I will be buying and selling shares. Does it come under the purview of Form17 declaration? I looked into Form 17 and its expecting me to fill all my current share (Equity/Bond) holdings. As I mentioned, the account is a trading account where I will be keep on buying and selling equities/bonds etc, so the holdings will not be fixed through out the year. How to go about declaring form 17? Thanks,

Name removed admin 
  • Joint Tenants In Common Trading Account

Hi - I have a "Joint Tenants In Common" trading account in my name and my wife's name. The split is 10% and 90% respectively. They way we need to register with HMRC for unequal share for properties, do we need to register for trading account? When reporting the CGT for trades on this "Joint Tenants In Common" trading account, is their be any specific requirement? As we need to provide detail on trades in an attachment, which is common for this account, shall we upload the same PDF in the Self Assessment for each of us and explain the same in notes section? Thanks, Amit