Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Question about selling personal collectibles on eBay.

I know that starting from January 1st this year, if you sell items on eBay for over £1000 or 30 items, eBay automatically reports to the tax authorities. But I also saw on the tax office's website that there's a tax-free allowance of £6000 for personal collectibles. My question is, in the upcoming tax year, if I sell several personal collectibles totaling less than £6000 but over £1000, do I still need to fill out a separate tax form? And would having a full-time job income affect this calculation? And what would be the tax-free allowance period each year term (Is that count from the date 6th, April till the next year April ... or count from 1st Jan .....)?
  • Question about transferring my currently ISA account money to my another bank ISA account

My question is: What procedures do I need to follow, if I want to transfer my ISA account to another bank after the end of this financial year…? I heard that I should withdraw the funds from the existing ISA before tax year end by April 5th, then deposit the money into my new bank's ISA account oncoming next tax year after April 6th. Is this the correct approach…? Could anyone please kindly advise on the correct procedure?