Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Does my overseas employer from Germany to set up National Insurance Payments?

Hello, I am currently employed by a German Comapany with no UK residence, but I applied for the Spouse Visa to move to Scotland where my husband lives. The company has offered me to continue to work remotely for them with occasional trips to Germany. I am now confused with all the differen Schemes like DPNI, PAYE and self assesment and I do not know what to choose. As told by the companies tax agency we know that there is a double tax agreement between Germany and UK which is the same since the UK was still in EU. Therefore, I know that I know I have to continue to pay taxes in Germany, and only pay the difference of UK taxes. I know that I defintely have to make payment to National Insurance in the UK, however I am not sure im my German employer needs to do so, too? What sheme would be the best then, the DPNI Scheme or the PAYE Scheme. How can my employer register for National Insurance payments and how are they are being paid? Thank you and kind regards, Kate