Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Retirement Savings

'However, the taxing provision and the taxable amount will depend on the nature of the scheme making the lump sum payment.' What exactly does this mean? The retirement savings were made up of 12% employer and 3% employee contributions. Can you confirm that if taxed in the 'same way' whether based in the UK or overseas I can qualify to take a 25% tax free lump sum?
  • Foreign pension lump sum , tax pre April 2017 and post April 2017

My foreign pension (Swiss Life Luxembourg) contributions buy my employer commenced in 2008 and had ROPS status, that status discontinued in 2017 following the intro of the FA 2017 qualification criteria. I was NOT advised of this status change and /or the tax implications. I am scheduled to receive a lump sum of the whole amount, are there two different tax liabilities, pre and post April 2017.
  • Retirement Savings

While employed by a Swiss affiliate of TotalEnergies my company (and I believed me thru monthly deductions) paid into funds titled ‘retirement savings’, in effect pension payments with Swisslife Preferred Plus funds. This is not ROPS/QROPS qualifying although I understood it was before 2017 and I now require to take it as a lump sum, £250K approximately. What is my tax liability if transferred to me in the UK and do I qualify for a tax-free lump sum of 25%?
  • Retirement Savings

While employed my company AND I made contributions to retirement saving with Swisslife Preferred Plus, the fund has an approximate value of £250K. It is not QROPS/ROPS qualifying but I understood it was pre 2017. I require to take the money as a lump sum. What tax is payable and can I take a 25% tax free lump sum?