Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Wrong Tax Code

I was on a career break from my main employer and took up work with another employer. The other employer placed me on a D0 code. I only worked for this other employer for a period of 2 - 3 months into this tax year. My main employers salary plus the other employer put my overall income over £110k per year. The second employer (D0) has now ended. The main employer has also ended. I have moved jobs now. So for the rest of the year I will earn only one income. But my tax code still projects like I will be earning £110k when in actual fact I will only earn a maximum of around £80k. I haven't been paid by the new employer yet but the other two previous employers both have my exit date recorded on the HMRC profile. When this new employer runs payroll will they get a new Tax Code or will they still be basing it on the £110k tax code which means I get very little personal allowance. It effectively means I am paying £500-£1000 more tax per month until this resolved. In addition Because in the first 3 months of this year my first employer paid me 0 and the second employer paid me D0 That means I would have overpaid tax so far around £3k so can I also get this back. Cheers