Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Expenses deductable on property sale

I had hoped for a bit more guidance than refering to the manual, but clearly I cannot claim for items - 4-7; thanks.
  • Expenses deductable on property sale

1. My mother died some 13 years ago & we arranged for a Deed of Variation to add my wife to the inheritance can we deduct that cost? 2. Before she died we had to let the property & the agent said we need to remove asbestos shed from the garden before letting, an improvement deductible from CGT? 3. Later removal of asbestos roofing sheets from detached garage & replacement with non asbestos type was reuired - an improvement deductible from CGT? 4. Current Insurer insist I inspect the now vacant property at least once a week, can I claim mileage for my expenses an 18 mile round trip . 5. Also to improve the sale potential I have left the electricity on initially to provide frost protection via the storage heater as insisted by insurers, claimable? 6. Now with electric turned of at the main fuse board off the standing charge is around £17.00 per month I am leaving this to make it easier for any new purchaser is thi claimable? 7. I understand we cannot claim council tax as an expense is that correct.? Thanks