Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Banking Interest for Non-UK Tax Resident

    Hi HMRC, I am currently living in Hong Kong and never been to UK. I am planning to move to UK in about 2026 and I have just opened a bank saving account in UK. To better prepare for my migration, I plan to transfer some of my money to UK now. I would like to know whether I need to pay for personal income tax (or any other tax) for the interest arise from my saving for year 2023-2024 and 2024-2025. Many thank.