Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Income from selling a car

Thank you for the reply. This was my personal car but I occasionally used it for work and claim mileage for the work related travel. I have have business car insurance. The price was less than £2,000- do I need to declare it because I've been occasionally using it for work?
  • RE: Income from selling a car

Hello, Thank you for your quick reply. Do I need to declare money earned from selling a personal car anywhere or on a different form? Maybe I am not using self-assessment correctly- now I only have one employer and I do self assessment to adjust for professional subscriptions, money given to Gift Aid charities, interests from bank accounts, etc, as this changes every year so I need to adjust the amount of tax yearly- should I be using a different form? Thank you for your advice. Kind regards
  • RE: Energy Bill Support Scheme and Alternative Fuel Payment

Hello, Many thanks for your quick reply. Can I confirm that the same applies to the money electricity company paid back into my account for using less electricity during certain times (it was probably a few pounds in total)? Many thanks. Kind regards
  • Income from selling a car

Hello, I sold my car for less than £2,000- do I need to include the whole sum as other/miscellaneous income or is there a part of that sum that I do not need to pay tax on? Many thanks for your advice. Kind regards
  • Energy Bill Support Scheme and Alternative Fuel Payment

Hello, Do I need to include in the self assessment as “other income” the money I received from the Energy Bill Support Scheme (every household receiving £400 for bills for winter 2022- 2023) and the Alternative Fuel Payment (£200 for homes using heating oil)? I don’t think that I do, but I would prefer to confirm this. Many thanks for your advice. Kind regards